Monday, July 10, 2006

Bad Things Happen in 3's

Well if its true that the bad things happens in 3's I have one more bad thing to be on the look out for in the coming weeks. I received a phone call this morning from my best childhood friends wife , Once I saw the 610 ( Philly) area code and the time of the call, I knew it wasnt good. The good thing about the call, was it wasnt about my Grandma, the bad news was that my best friend is now blind and deaf on his left side. They discovered a tumor in his ear a month ago, and by Friday it had tripled in mass, they performed surgery this morning and as she was scrolling through his phone and found my number and decided I should be informed, I must admit my parents instilled strong CATHOLIC values in me and I always reached out to my friend and his wife and his children over the years, but as we grew older we grew apart. I always made it a point to call him on his B-day and it was like we never left. But in the last few years that seemed to be the only time we talked. I'm hoping now that this unfortunate incident may open his eyes to the value of true friendship. Yes, I might be 2 hours away from home and my comfort zone but Im still only digits away by phone. Hell call me collect, I'm saddened that he ended up on the wrong side of the tumor, but Im a little bitter about how he chose not to keep in touch. The good news is that he still has his life however it may affect him being deaf in one ear and blind in one eye might be, he still has his wife, and 2 children and family and friends that truly care about him. No matter how bad or how difficult the obstacle in life might be, GOD gave us all the power to over come. I will always respect him as my friend and I will never forget my youth and the crazy things we did as kids. I hope and wish him the best, but the next move after he recovers from surgery is his. You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink. So lets review....

1) Granmom goes for a mean spill and breaks her hip, shoulder and collar bone and has 9 pins inserted, she is in rehab but for 93 yrs old there isnt much hope of her living out her remaining days the way she wanted to..

2) Best friend from homes goes through a tumor and comes out blind and deaf on his left side....

3) Hasnt happened yet, but I will let you know when it does.

To all my friends... I am nothing without you and I hope that you know I respect and love you all and always will until I take my last breath.

5 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Om said...

YIkes that is not good news... I hope you reconcile with your friend..and hope your Grandmother is ok!

 
At 8:41 AM, Blogger KJ said...

So sorry to hear about the bad news..........

my thoughts are with you

 
At 6:55 PM, Blogger NeverEnough said...

That is bad news. Hope your day today was better. Oh, and I'm still waiting on those silk boxers (and the massage of course)!

Let me know how you want to do this trade :)

 
At 6:33 AM, Blogger DeepItalianEyes said...

Thank you all for your comments, I really appreciate the kind words. I will be back after work with a new post and weekend update. Hope you all are doing well.

 
At 7:37 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I'm sorry...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home