Thursday, June 22, 2006

Hello All,
Sorry that i havent posted in awhile, but its been a rough 5 weeks for me. After doing some much needed traveling in the beginning to middle of May, life crazy for me. Unfortuantely my 93 yr old grandmother was left unattended and fell breaking her hip, shoulder and collar bone. Grams had surgery the following day and had 19 pins inserted into her to keep everything together, everything was fine for a few days.... and then she became very combative, dillusional and had a fever 104.5. They thought it best to put her into a medically induced coma, so that she wouldnt hurt herself and or damage any of the repairs that they had made.
Im glad to say that yesterday Grams was awakened by the Dr.'s and put back into the regular rooms with the general populous of the hospital. If all goes as expected she can be moved to a rehab center by Wednesday of next week. So let me apologize for not posting again and I hope to hear back from all my blogger friends.

5 Comments:

At 5:08 PM, Blogger scarlett said...

Welcome back! And glad to hear that your grandma is doing well.
-scarlett =0)

 
At 9:29 PM, Blogger DeepItalianEyes said...

Thankd for the comment and glad to be back. Its huge relief that she is doing better we are very close.

 
At 3:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back.

 
At 6:19 AM, Blogger Theresa said...

AWWW..good! Missed you!! Glad things are better.

 
At 1:47 PM, Blogger Percy said...

Just read about your grandma... similar to mine a few years ago, I think she was 92 or 93.. broken hip.. luckly I was down there. my dad was in the hospital at the time, so I had to do some leg work etc.... to see her in that pain was really tough.. she is through in now, had her 95 birthday last november.. uses a walker now... anyway I understand all that.. family duty...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home